MCMINN ASSIST GUIDELINES
Rent, Utility, and Food Assistance
APPLICATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE BEGINNING JUNE 1, 2023.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have experienced an unexpected occurrence such as loss of income, medical emergency, or disaster.
- Applicants must be residents of McMinn County or Meigs County in Tennessee.
- The residences for which the assistance is to be applied must be located within McMinn or Meigs counties.
- Applicants must be the head of the household.
- In cases of rent assistance, the landlord of the residence for which the assistance is to be applied cannot be a relative of the applicant. A copy of your lease must be provided with the application.
- In cases of utility assistance, utilities must be in the applicant’s name. A copy of your most recent utility bill must be provided with the application.
IF YOU ARE SEEKING RENT ASSISTANCE YOU MUST HAVE YOUR LANDLORD COMPLETE A LANDLORD VERIFICATION FORM, WHICH IS AVAILABLE HERE.
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- Online at www.uwmcminn-meigs.com
- Applications can be emailed to the applicant by calling 423-252-4798.
- APPLICATIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THE UNITED WAY OFFICE.
APPLICATIONS CAN BE TURNED IN AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to United Way of McMinn & Meigs Counties, P.O. Box 1681, Athens, TN 37371
- APPLICATIONS CAN NOT BE TURNED IN AT THE UNITED WAY OFFICE
Assistance through this program will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. Only completed applications including all required documentation will be processed to determine what, if any, assistance can be provided.
Failure to provide all required documentation with the application will result in the application being denied.
For questions about this program, please call 423-252-4798 and leave your name, number, and a brief message.